As the situation continues to evolve, the Board of Directors and Management continue to monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus, its impact on Willowsford and as appropriate to our HOA, implementing actions and recommendations of applicable local, state, and federal agencies. We encourage residents to follow the latest guidance and updates issued. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Virginia Department of Health, Loudoun County Health Department and applicable government authorities for more information.
We are taking the following actions and making the recommendations described in this notice based on the information currently made available by applicable local, state, and federal agencies to minimize exposure. As the situation evolves and additional information becomes available, the Board and Management will consider changes and keep you apprised in the event of any additional or different measures being taken via WillowsfordLife.com, Willowsford Life Facebook group, Willowsford Weekly and/or community emails. For specific concerns you have about the virus, please address with medical professionals.
The Board of Directors has decided to extend the timeframe for the following changes to Association operations and services, currently in effect through April 12th, and other specifics as follows:
Annual Meeting/Election/Organizational Meeting:
- At this time, the Board intends to proceed with the Annual Meeting and related activities scheduled for March 30th; however we strongly encourage you to attend remotely (including Candidates) via Willowsford Life Facebook group livestream. If you do not have access to the community’s Facebook and you would like to attend, please email HOA@willowsford.com no later than March 27th if at all possible. We will provide access for you to participate remotely. If you have not already, we encourage you to vote electronically.
- We will reach out to Candidates separately to coordinate the Organizational Meeting scheduled to convene immediately following the close of the Annual Meeting.
Building Closures & Hours of Operation:
- The Lodge and Fitness Center are closed.
- Sycamore House is operating on modified hours 9 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday, closed Sat & Sun.
- During open hours, please refrain from coming to Sycamore House unless you need to engage in essential Association business; open use is not available.
- Staff continues to perform duties Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM. We appreciate your patience as we do our best maintain prompt service via phone and email.
Community Amenities (play grounds, tree houses, pavilions, dog parks, etc.)
- The Association cannot control social distancing and cannot effectively disinfect the amenities. That said, we recommend residents do not use the community amenities during this time.
- Anyone who chooses to use an amenity, does so at their own risk.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
- The Lodge, Fitness Center, and Sycamore House are in the process of receiving a deep and disinfecting cleaning prior to re-opening. Staff will continue daily disinfecting of high contact areas in the offices.
- Spring EGGstravagana- cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- Group fitness classes are postponed while the Fitness Center is closed.
- Rentals, clubs and other Lifestyle events during this timeframe are cancelled. We will provide a full refund for cancelled events and private rentals during this time. A follow up email will be sent to affected residents.
Design Review Committee:
- We strongly encourage all pre-review comment responses for applications be submitted electronically to DRC@willowsfordlife.com.
- 3/25 DRC Meeting will be held remotely for resident attendees and we have already reached out to applicants; however, should residents who did not submit an application want to attend the meeting, please email DRC for specifics on how to attend remotely.
Trash Bulk Pick-Up Change:
- Effective immediately, Patriot Disposal will discontinue bulk pickup requests/service until further notice.
- Trash and recycling service will continue per usual schedule.
We appreciate your patience and kindness with the Board, staff and neighbors as we navigate this evolving situation.
We must emphasize that the information contained in this notice is based on the information currently available to us and the recommendations being made by applicable local, state and federal agencies.
Rebecca Lyons, CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®
Willowsford Homeowners Association, Inc.