March 25, 2020
As the situation continues to evolve, the Board of Directors and Management continue to monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus, its impact on Willowsford and as appropriate to our HOA, implementing actions and recommendations of applicable local, state, and federal agencies. We encourage residents to follow the latest guidance and updates issued. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Virginia Department of Health, Loudoun County Health Department and applicable government authorities for more information.
We are taking the following actions and making the recommendations described in this notice based on the information currently made available by applicable local, state, and federal agencies to minimize exposure. As the situation evolves and additional information becomes available, the Board and Management will consider changes and keep you apprised in the event of any additional or different measures being taken via WillowsfordLife.com, Willowsford Life Facebook group, Willowsford Weekly and/or community emails. For specific concerns you have about the virus, please address with medical professionals.
* Changes from previous update(s) are shown in red.
Timeframe for Changes:
Annual Meeting/Election/Organizational Meeting:
- The Board of Directors has decided to extend the timeframe for the following changes to Association operations and services until further notice.
Building Closures & Hours of Operation:
- At this time, the Board intends to proceed with the Annual Meeting and related activities scheduled for March 30th; however we request you attend remotely (including Candidates) via Zoom. The invite is below. Zoom allows us to provide a more streamlined experience including PowerPoint sharing capabilities. As such, Facebook Live is no longer an option as previously advertised. If you have not already, we encourage you to vote electronically.
- The Organizational Meeting is postponed to a later date TBD.
Community Amenities (play grounds, tree houses, pavilions, dog parks, etc.):
- The Lodge, Sycamore House, and Fitness Center are closed.
- Staff continues to perform duties Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM and will be available in-person by appointment only, as needed. We appreciate your patience as we do our best maintain prompt service via phone and email.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
- The Association cannot control social distancing and cannot effectively disinfect the amenities. We recommend residents follow applicable authority restrictions and guidelines and not use the community amenities during this time.
- Anyone who chooses to use an amenity, does so at their own risk.
- The Lodge, Fitness Center, and Sycamore House have received a deep and disinfecting cleaning and continues to perform additional disinfection with regular cleanings as well as staff continuing daily disinfecting of high contact areas in the offices.
Design Review Committee:
- Rentals, clubs, fitness, and other Lifestyle events are cancelled until further notice.
- We will provide a full refund for cancelled events and private rentals during this time. A follow up email will be sent to affected residents.
Trash Bulk Pick-Up Change:
- Design Review applications submitted for April review will be permitted to be submitted electronically and via regular mail.
- At this time, the April DRC Meeting will be held remotely. Further details for remote attendance will be emailed to applicants.
We appreciate your patience and kindness with the Board, staff and neighbors as we navigate this evolving situation.
- Effective immediately, Patriot Disposal will discontinue bulk pickup requests/service until further notice.
- Trash and recycling service will continue per usual schedule.
We must emphasize that the information contained in this notice is based on the information currently available to us and the recommendations being made by applicable local, state and federal agencies.
Rebecca Lyons, CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®
Willowsford Homeowners Association, Inc.