Excess Recycling Days - First Tuesday of Every Month
- Tuesday, April 6th - Tomorrow!
- Tuesday, May 4th
- Tuesday, June 1st
- Tuesday. July 6th
- Tuesday, August 3rd
- Tuesday, September 7th
- Tuesday, October 5th
- Tuesday, November 2nd
- Tuesday, December 7th
Patriot Recycling Information
Excess recycling materials (non-containerized) will be serviced tomorrow, Tuesday, April 6th. Why? Normally only materials placed inside your container are serviced. However, the Board and Management recognize there is a need for non-containerized recycling pick up at times. The Board negotiated with Patriot Disposal to provide pick up of non-containerized excess recycling once a month.
Ins & Outs of Curbside Recycling
Patriot Disposal uses Single Stream Recycling which allows all recyclable materials to be placed in one bin without separating. However, there are many items that may appear to be recyclable but actually are not and can contaminate the entire load. Please see below for important details about what can and cannot be recycled.
The following common materials are acceptable for curbside recycling:
The following common materials should not be placed for recycling:
- Glass: bottles, jars
- Metals: aerosol cans, aluminum foil and trays (clean), aluminum cans
- Paper: books, boxes (cereal/cracker/frozen food boxes), cardboard, cartons (juice, milk), catalogs, envelopes and mail, newspapers and newspaper inserts, phone books
- Hard Plastics and Lids: bottles, buckets and pails, food containers (must be clean), jugs, plastic cups, plates and bowls.
- Plastic bags or liners
- Coat hangers or wire
- Drinking glasses, dishes or plates
- Paper plates
- Takeout containers or packaging including pizza boxes- oils and food debris make these items unrecyclable
- Light bulbs
For a complete list of acceptable and non-recyclable materials, in accordance with Loudoun County recycling regulations, click the Loudoun County recycling guide.
Bulk Pick Up
Are you cleaning out your house, buying new furniture or appliances and don't know what to do with with the items you are replacing? From refrigerators and stoves to mattresses and couches, Patriot Disposal has the solution for you. A special pickup may be exactly what you need. Special pickups operate on a per request basis and do not run on the same schedule as your standard curbside collection. If you have questions or wish to request a special pick up, please contact Patriot Disposal here. Additional charges may apply.